Product Specialist, Los Angeles
Role: Product Specialist
Location: Santa Monica, US
Salary: up to USD $85,000 (depending on skills and experience)
Status: Currently receiving applications
We are retained by Ncam who offer a complete and customisable augmented reality platform that enables photorealistic virtual elements in real-time. At its core is a unique camera tracking solution that offers Film & TV productions virtual and augmented graphic technology without limits.
Ncam's multi-award winning patented technology integrates seamlessly to any production, capable of adapting to a wide range of applications form indoor and outdoor use to mounted or even hand-held camera configurations. Through versatile real-time application and pre-visualisation of graphics, Ncam creates technology efficiencies that streamline the on-set production process, saving notable post-production time and incremental costs.
Ncam’s products are known worldwide and have been utilised by: Fantastic Beasts (Warner Bros), UEFA Champions League (BT Sport), NFC Championship Game (Fox Sports), Game of Thrones 8 (HBO), Monday Night Football (ESPN), The Super Bowl XLVIII (Fox Sports), Avengers: Age of Ultron (Marvel), Daytona (Fox Sports), and Jupiter Ascending (Warner Bros).
About the role:
This role has come about through the continued growth of Ncam Technologies in North America, and therefore recruiting a Product Specialist based out of the Santa Monica offices. This role will be a fundamental part of the North American Team, working closely with the VP Sales of North America to build and develop sales and new business across the region by providing both pre and post sales to customers in the region.
Key tasks will include: performing customer demonstrations; first and second line support; customer installations and technical planning.
· Work closely with VP Sales North America on all pre-sales activities
· Arrange, deliver and run all customer demonstrations both on customer sites and in the Los Angeles Offices
· Run and manage all customer training courses
· Product testing for all new products and versions
· Relay all product feedback internally, being a customer advocate for improvements and suggestions
· Beta Program support
· Customer installation planning and delivery
· First and second line customer support by phone, email, and ticketing system
· Assistance with logistics for equipment shipping and inventory control
· Provide Tradeshow support (planning, build up & break down)
· Offering demonstrations and acting as Ncam ambassador at all industry events
Essential experience required:
· Prior experience (ideally 3+ years) in a similar role within the broadcast or film production markets
· Strong knowledge of professional camera technology
· Photography background and understanding of optics/physics is fundamental
· Engineering profile and computer literate – competent with computer and camera hardware
· Computer networking skills
· Familiarity with Linux and Windows Operating systems
· Working knowledge of VFX and Computer graphics a benefit (Vizrt, Orad, UE4, Unity, Motionbuilder, Maya, 3DStudioMax, Nuke, Photoshop)
· Strong logical troubleshooting skills
· Familiarity with ticketing and CRM systems
· Calm under pressure
· Good team player, who is self-motivated and autonomous
· Keen to learn and share new ideas
· Able to travel extensively and work away from home base
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Comfortable presenting in front of individuals and or groups
· Sets high standards in their own performance
· Dynamic, self-reliant, with a will to learn new technologies
Ideal experience required:
Experience is more important than a degree level education, but the right candidate should have the ability to understand complex subjects and to easily assimilate new information.
Valid degree qualifications would include: engineering (particularly computer, electronics) photography, film school, TV Production engineering.
To register your interest in this opportunity, please contact Ben Swanton via email firstname.lastname@example.org
To view other career opportunities within the Broadcast and Sports Media Technology industry click here