Product Specialist, North America (based in LA)
Role: Product Specialist, North America
Location: Los Angeles, US
Salary: up to USD $85,000 (depending on skills and experience)
Status: Currently receiving applications
Job No: 808T/028
A successful media technology vendor is looking to recruit a Product Specialist to join their team that focuses on the Broadcast, Sports Media and Production industries across the US. The successful candidate will work closely with the regional sales team on projects working with Broadcasters, Content Owners, Production Companies, and Sports Rightsholders across the region.
You will need to be able to combine strong communication skills with a good technical grounding in VFX, broadcast graphic, camera technologies, broadcast and or production workflows.
This role has come about through the continued growth of sales in North America, and therefore recruiting a Product Specialist based out of the LA offices. This role will be a fundamental part of the North American Team, working closely with the VP Sales of North America to build and develop sales and new business across the region by providing both pre and post-sales to customers in the region.
Key tasks will include performing customer demonstrations; first and second line support; customer installations and technical planning.
- Work closely with VP Sales North America on all pre-sales activities
- Arrange, deliver and run all customer demonstrations both on customer sites and in the Los Angeles Offices
- Run and manage all customer training courses
- Product testing for all new products and versions
- Relay all product feedback internally, being a customer advocate for improvements and suggestions
- Beta Program support
- Customer installation planning and delivery
- First and second-line customer support by phone, email, and ticketing system
- Assistance with logistics for equipment shipping and inventory control
- Provide Tradeshow support (planning, build-up & break down)
- Offering demonstrations and acting as an ambassador at all industry events
Essential experience required:
- Prior experience (ideally 3+ years) in a similar role within the broadcast or film production markets·
- Strong knowledge of professional camera technology
- Photography background and understanding of optics/physics is fundamental
- Engineering profile and computer literate – competent with computer and camera hardware
- Computer networking skills
- Familiarity with Linux and Windows Operating systems
- Working knowledge of VFX and Computer graphics a benefit (Vizrt, Orad, UE4, Unity, Motionbuilder, Maya, 3DStudioMax, Nuke, Photoshop)
- Strong logical troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with ticketing and CRM systems
- Calm under pressure
- Good team player, who is self-motivated and autonomous
- Keen to learn and share new ideas
- Able to travel extensively and work away from home base
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable presenting in front of individuals and or groups
- Sets high standards in their own performance
- Dynamic, self-reliant, with a will to learn new technologies
Experience is more important than a degree-level education, but the right candidate should have the ability to understand complex subjects and to easily assimilate new information. Valid degree qualifications would include engineering (particularly computer, electronics) photography, film school, TV Production engineering.