Director of Human Resources for EMEA, Amsterdam
Role: Director of Human Resources, EMEA
Salary: Up to €80,000 euros (depending on skills and experience)
Status: Currently receiving applications
A global leader in products, services, and solutions for the broadcast and sports media industries, specialising in live television, news, and sports production has recently opened up an opportunity for a Director of Human Resources to join their Amsterdam offices.
This new hire will be focused on supporting the EMEA regional offices with recruitment, development, employee programmes, training, and compliance consistent with the rest of the business.
Given the importance of the role, you will become a key member of the management team and will need to be able to build and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and other stakeholders. This role will report to the Head of HR based in the USA.
Main responsibilities include:
- Develop a detailed understanding across the EMEA business i.e. departments, jobs, structure, processes, and financials.
- Address employee concerns swiftly, and manage employee relations issues providing counsel where appropriate, and seek to proactively facilitate conflict resolution between employees, conducting investigations wherever applicable.
- Advise on organisational design and effectiveness, driving process improvement and resource alignment, and implementing where necessary organisational change.
- Coaching employees on career development, goal setting, and performance improvement.
- Leading and managing the Talent Acquisition process for the EMEA region which includes a strong focus on recruitment, including developing job descriptions, advising on remuneration, conducting interviews, and advising hiring managers on the recruitment process.
- Facilitating salary and bonus planning processes in alignment with business goals and deliverables.
- Creating and delivering HR Programmes designed to enhance the culture, drive employee engagement and support business initiatives.
- Ensuring the effectiveness and efficiency of all elements of the employment lifecycle.
- A minimum of 7 years of human resources experience with a minimum of two years as an HR Director, preferably from within the technology industry.
- Strong knowledge of employment law and HR practice, multi-country experience preferred.
- Experience practising HR in a transformative business environment.
- Proficient in MS Office, and ideally Visio and/or Org Plus.
Skills and Abilities required:
- An understanding of, and experience in all core areas of human resource management such as staffing, employee relations, performance management, compensation, and compliance.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- A high level of professionalism and diplomacy in interactions with all levels of the organisation.
- Able to demonstrate examples of having successfully handled a variety of employee relations matters.
- A proactive approach towards addressing business needs quickly, and the ability to follow through on matters to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated and a natural leaning towards taking the initiative when it comes to improving processes and creating more efficient ways of working.
- Flexible, adaptable, and willing to go with the flow of an ever-changing work environment, of a business that is in growth and expansion mode.
- A commitment to confidentiality and professional conduct at all times.
To register your interest in this opportunity, please contact Ben Swanton via email firstname.lastname@example.org
To view other career opportunities within the Broadcast and Sports Media Technology industry click here