Television Systems Manager
Role: Television Systems Manager
Salary: Up to £80,000 (depending on skills and experience)
Status: Currently receiving applications
One of the most iconic sports in Europe today, with a multi-million global fan reach, and an impressive commitment to fan experience both live and at home - with its sophisticated broadcast technology - is now seeking a professional Television Systems Manager to provide effective management of the television systems group.
Responsible for a team of both technical and support staff at varying levels of seniority, you’ll be someone who is able to adapt your management style to the needs and skill level within the team to ensure that broadcast systems and staffing meet the company’s operational requirements and demands, within agreed travel and budgetary limits.
This role would ideally suit someone who has extensive experience gained within a tier one sports live outside broadcast environment.
Main responsibilities include:
- Responsible for ensuring that all broadcast and media systems are well maintained at all times.
- Oversee all projects and upgrades relating to TV systems are delivered on time, and meet all company operational requirements.
- Collaborate with the Media Rights team, providing technical and operational guidance as appropriate.
- Delivering on service level agreements in relation to media rights team and sports rights holders, working closely with other service providers to ensure that international feed distribution services are reliable and robust.
- Management and responsibility of the successful operation within the international compound at live events, working in collaboration with technical and engineering teams.
- Liaise with, and deliver on, obligations to the digital, social media delivery teams, as well as the content production teams.
- Responsible for overseeing the obligations around video archive systems.
- Responsible for the department’s procurement requests ensuring they are in line with budget.
- Maintain good collaborative and cooperative relationships with relevant technology providers within the industry.
- Lead, manage, and mentor an engineering and support team, to include four team leaders with their own managing and mentoring responsibilities, to include: goal setting, performance feedback, salary and bonus reviews.
- Encourage a good, collaborative, and supportive working environment where people enjoy working as part of the team.
- To keep abreast of emerging technological changes together with the department’s team managers, and to effectively communicate with all stakeholders.
- Maintain good financial management including preparation of annual budgets, quarterly forecasting, and management reporting, as well as sign off on departmental expenditure.
- Previous experience in managing, supervising, and leading a large and diverse team of broadcast engineering and technical staff who have a wide range of skills and varying levels of experience.
- Vast experience gained across all aspects of broadcast television engineering operations within audio and visual - and through to international programme distribution.
- Proven track record of having delivered on technologically complex projects, on time and within budget.
- An understanding of current and emerging technical standards relating to broadcast and media engineering and their application in linear TV and OTT production and distribution.
- Ability to work under pressure, to delegate effectively, and communicate easily and appropriately at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Flexible, adaptable, self-motivated, organised, attention to detail, and strong ability to use initiative, and prioritise.
- An engineering related degree level qualification, ideally in Broadcast Television engineering or a closely related subject.
Relevant skills and abilities:
We are looking for someone with a good understanding and practical based awareness of some or all of the following: international broadcast compound/centre (IBC), RF spectrum licensing, live airborne camera, IT network systems, UPS technical power system specification, VIP hospitality audio visual systems, OTT, VOD, CDN workflows and deliverables, cloud-based broadcast technologies.
To register your interest in this opportunity, please contact Ben Swanton via email firstname.lastname@example.org
To view other career opportunities within the Broadcast and Sports Media Technology industry click here