Level 3 Technical Support Engineer | Broadcast Media | USA | Home-based role.
Level 3 Technical Support Engineer, Broadcast Media, USA (home-based role)
Would you like to be in a role that draws on both your technical skills and your ability to connect with your clients?
How about being part of a well-funded startup with a passion and enthusiasm for technical innovation and growth?
...with an entrepreneurial culture that encourages you to create compelling client solutions?
This highly respected and successful company with its cloud-based video solutions, and established offices in Europe is actively hiring for its operations in the USA. Although based from home, you would be part of a team of three, with plans to expand further in 2021 and beyond. If you’re someone who’s self-motivated and enjoys the freedom and volition to run your own day, whilst being part of a collaborative team, then this is for you.
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing 3rd line support to customers including Sports, News, and Entertainment Broadcasters and Content Owners via phone, email, live chat, video, and chatbots.
- Troubleshooting technical issues, bringing them to resolution in a timely and efficient manner.
- Creating online training tutorials and ‘how-to’ guides in a way that’s tailored and appropriate to your clients’ needs.
- Software development, specifically code-writing using Python.
- Custom integration projects.
- Developing feature enhancements for individual client needs.
- Although this is a home-based role, you’ll do some travel within the US (mainly East Coast), as well as international trade shows and occasional visits to headquarters in Europe (when travel restrictions are lifted, and it’s safe to do so).
What we’re looking for in you:
- Have worked, or are working in a Support Engineer role ideally with one or more of the following technologies: Broadcast Workflows, Ingest, Transcoding, Editing, Content Distribution, or OTT.
- A proven ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical customer issues in a time-sensitive environment.
This is a uniquely designed role in that you’ll be involved in both the maintenance of the product as well as being a client support entry point. This a position that has been created due to recent expansion and growth (even during Covid-19) and it’s predicted the US team will become the biggest market for the company within the next three years.
The salary range for this position is in the region of $80,000 to $110,000 plus benefits, depending on your previous experience.
If you’re looking to become part of a new growing team, within a profitable, well-supported startup with values built on passion, integrity, and humility (as well as fun and humor), then we would love to hear from you.
How to apply for this position:
Email a copy of your most recent resume to me, Sarah Swanton, at firstname.lastname@example.org along with your answers to the following questions, please:
- What software development have you been done in the past using Python?
- What experience do you have in troubleshooting, installing, commissioning of software?
- How much experience have you had delivering 3rd line support via phone, email, live chat, video, or online tutorials?
About 808 Talent:
808 Talent is a boutique recruitment consultancy dedicated to the Broadcast and Sports Media Technology industry, globally. For more information go to www.808talent.com
Diversity and Inclusion:
808 Talent is committed to providing equal treatment and equal opportunities in the selection of candidates on behalf of its clients. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the grounds of gender, gender reassignment, pregnancy, marital status, age, race, color, ethnic background, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, religion, religious or similar belief. Every individual will be treated with dignity and respect.