Technical Support Engineer (Tier 1&2), Broadcast Media, Washington DC
Would you like to be part of a company that has experienced growth and expansion, even throughout 2020?
Would you like to be working for a company with well respected and admired technology across the global broadcast and sports media industry?
...with investment and support to continue to expand and grow over the next few years?
This consistently successful company with its sports broadcast video delivery solutions, is now in a position to expand the team within its offices based out of Washington DC. Having experienced successful growth even throughout Covid, due to the ability of its technology to be operated remotely, this is a company that can offer both career security and growth during these uncertain times, with plans to expand further in 2021 and beyond.
If you’re someone who’s technically curious and eager to learn new technologies, in addition to your already solid experience gained within broadcast and sports media technologies, then this is a career move worth considering.
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing tier 1 and tier 2 support to customers within the broadcast and sports media industry via a variety of communication channels.
- Troubleshooting technical issues, identifying faults.
- Creating online training tutorials and ‘how-to’ guides in a way that’s tailored and appropriate to your clients’ needs.
- Liaising with tier 3 colleagues and escalating tier 2 issues for resolution in a timely and professional manner.
- Basic reconfiguration, renaming systems, checking video etc.
- This position operates a schedule of working every second or third Saturday (sharing with two of your colleagues).
What we’re looking for in you:
- Experience of working in a Technical Support Engineer role gained from within the Broadcast and Media (essential) industry.
- A good technical knowledge and understanding of internet including: TCP/IP, UDP, IP networks and routers, bandwidth, bit rates, packet loss, network communication.
- Familiarity with video, particularly video delivery over internet including: frame rates, 1080p, motion blur, encoders, compression.
- Familiarity with computers would be a bonus such as motherboards, SSD or HDSS, and GPU cards.
- An understanding of cloud solutions would also be ideal for this role, but not essential.
This is a fast growing business with significant investment into its technologies, and is on track for continued global market growth and expansion over the next three years.
The salary range for this position is in the region of $50,000 to $60,000 plus benefits, depending on your previous experience.
If you’re looking to become part of a growing team, within a profitable, well-supported startup where curious, technical minds are rewarded then we would love to hear from you.
How to apply for this position:
Email a copy of your most recent resume to me, Sarah Swanton, at firstname.lastname@example.org along with your answers to the following questions, please:
- Is your Technical Support experience gained from within the Broadcast Media industry?
- What experience do you have with video technologies such as video encoding and compression?
- What technical knowledge do you have in terms of TCP/IP or UDP?
About 808 Talent:
808 Talent is a boutique recruitment consultancy dedicated to the Broadcast and Sports Media Technology industry, globally. For more information go to www.808talent.com
Diversity and Inclusion:
808 Talent is committed to providing equal treatment and equal opportunities in the selection of candidates on behalf of its clients. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the grounds of gender, gender reassignment, pregnancy, marital status, age, race, color, ethnic background, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, religion, religious or similar belief. Every individual will be treated with dignity and respect.