Regional Sales Director, West Coast USA
Opportunity: Regional Sales Director, West Coast USA
Technologies: Virtual Graphics & Production
Location: Los Angeles, USA
With the exponential growth in demand this year for remote and virtualised production there has never been a better time to be considering new opportunities within this segment of sports and media broadcasting.
You could be joining one of the most innovative start-ups in camera technology and virtual production, to head up West Coast US as their new Sales Director. Drawing on your talents, experience and entrepreneurial mindset, your remit is to take their innovative line of product technologies and take them to market. You’ll be driving sales through a variety of options from partner channels through to managing your own sales team.
It’s estimated that with the right strategy in place, and team around you, there is a realistic opportunity here to grow the North American business by up to 50% per annum over the next three years.
Reporting to Chief Revenue Officer, the expectation here will be identify opportunities, create an ambitious and realistic sales strategy and consistently achieve, if not exceed, planned targets. Within the first 3-6 months, you’ll be not only laying the foundations of a credible and compelling sales strategy, but also managing and overseeing the sales cycle from early lead stages through to project completion. With the level of pipeline and opportunity already in place, this is both achievable and realistic.
What you’ll be doing:
- Identifying new accounts and creating a plan to identify and develop relationships with all levels within the organization.
- Developing the foundations for strong relationships with existing contacts and customers.
- Establishing yourself as a credible partner and support to channel partners - through business review meetings and creating mutually beneficial agreements.
- Preparing, developing and implementing a sales action plan, based on previous experience and learnings gained from within a similar environment.
- Providing accurate forecasting and reporting to senior management. Being a strong presence at trade shows and industry events, as restrictions allow.
About you and what we’re looking for:
- Knowledge of broadcast graphics, VFX workflows, virtual studios, and post-production.
- Sales management experience within the AR, VR market, particularly from enterprise, live events, sports, and e-sports.
- A results mindset. The proven ability to hit your sales targets in spite of setbacks or delays. What keeps you going, and keeps you focused is really important.
- Good people management skills, and experience of having led a sales team.
- Resilient, and able to work confidently and calmly in times of pressure.
- Knowledge of broadcast graphics, film VFX workflows, virtual studios, and post-production compositing would be highly advantageous.
- Knowledge of the A/V market (enterprise, live events, sports, e-sports) would be beneficial.
- Hands-on approach - be willing to learn new products and applications to be able to demonstrate product benefits to potential customers.
- Able to source, implement, and operate any IT requirements for the home office in order to perform all duties.
Willing to travel as required for the job, be self-sufficient, and able to work independently, often without direct supervision.
We’re interested to know about your commitment to your customers and the relationships you’ve built with your contacts. This is a company that is very much about pioneering new technologies, and so we want to hear from excellent communicators, and an even better listeners so that you and your team can deliver a truly customer-led experience that leads to repeat business year after year.
This is a company with a pioneering, entrepreneurial and solution focused approach to business – with a strong set of moral values running throughout the organisation including integrity, empathy, team focused, and drive. If you’d like to be part of this next stage of development for this company in 2020, and beyond, then this is a career move worth exploring.