Head of Sales & Marketing
Role: Head of Sales and Marketing
Location: Europe wide
Salary: c. £120,000 + commission (depending on experience)
Partnering with one of the leading players within the industry that provides Mixed Reality solutions for live media production we are hiring for a Head of Sales and Marketing to join their executive leadership team.
Working closely with the rest of the leadership team, your remit will be in developing and implementing the company’s sales and marketing strategies, as well as being responsible for facilitating the success and development of the sales and marketing teams across the regions.
What you’ll be doing in this role:
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to the business’s overall sales and marketing programs
- Together with the Executive team, set departmental KPIs in accordance with overall business targets and evaluate the effectiveness of the sales and marketing initiatives, making appropriate changes that encourage the achievement of overall sales and business targets.
- Contribute to the business’s development activities and corporate branding in order to increase revenue and gross profit
- Mentor key personnel in the sales department, ensuring their constant professional growth, and assisting them in the execution of their duties where necessary
- Increase sales revenue through the design and implementation of appropriate documented strategies for each of the business’s verticals, sales channels, and services
- Design, document, implement and manage the business’s sales process, ranging from relationship development, contract finalisation and post-sales activities
- Track and review sales results, weighing them against the set targets and business KPIs in order to determine the effectiveness of sales initiatives and implement necessary changes and solutions
- Maintain a stable knowledge base of the business’s industry, competitors, and regulatory activity. Conduct regular research, keep up with trends and best practices, which give the business a competitive edge and keep the business at par with the biggest players in the market.
- Identify top talent and contribute to the recruitment of key sales department personnel, hence, maintaining efficient and effective execution of duties within the sales department
- Responsible for negotiating sales and business development transactions including licenses, transaction agreements, subscription agreements, and partnerships.
About you, and what we’re looking for:
We are looking for someone with prior experience building and administering an international sales & marketing team for sales from within one or more of the following: Broadcast, graphics, virtual production, AR, VR, Mixed Reality.
- Prior experience of leading and mentoring Sales Directors, facilitating professional growth and implementing strategies to reach and exceed sales targets.
- Market knowledge – you’ll know the market well, and have a good understanding of who the major players are, competitors, workflows, etc.
- Marketing Experience – this role requires an understanding of how to effectively reach potential new customers, increase leads, and build brand recognition.
- Communication skills – this role relies heavily on both written and verbal communication when interacting with customers and directing team members
- Commercial mindset- As Head of Sales and Marketing, the main responsibility is to drive market growth and revenue, so a keen sense of commercial viability and opportunities is crucial.